Calvary's New Orleans Trip

Pictures and sharing about our experience in New Orleans by Jacqui G.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Evenings

We spend the day volunteering our time and at night we eat dinner as a group, sampling the local cuisine. Some of the things we tried include cornbread with garlic and parsley on top (the most surprisingly delicious thing I ate all week), shrimp & alligator cheesecake (again, delicious), coconut bread pudding and gator sausage.

Of course we had beignets at Cafe Du Mond (everyone told us we had to). The trick is to not breathe in when you take a bite. Some were seen piling on the powdered sugar for each bite!



Sarah, Vickie & Jacqui in front of the Cafe Du Mond


I ordered Fried Green Tomatoes ("FGT") as an appetizer. This appeared:

J: Oh, this isn't mine, I ordered the FGT
Waitress: This IS the FGT
J: ??
W: Yes, this is FGT.
J: Where are the FGTs?
W: They're underneath the shrimp.
J: Did the menu say there were shrimp on the FGT?
W: No, it's a surprise treat!
J: :-)

Good night!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home