Calvary's New Orleans Trip

Pictures and sharing about our experience in New Orleans by Jacqui G.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

In Conclusion

I'm speaking only from my point of view, I do not represent Calvary Church.

* I was surprised by how much damage remains here in New Orleans.

* I was pleasantly surprised at how many volunteers continue to come here, despite the lack of media attention.

* Hurricane Katrina created a paradigm shift for this city. It wasn't just an event that was soon put into the past. It shook up the whole city area and has changed it forever. And not just physically.

* There is a lot of work to be done and your help could be well used. Calvary has an established relationship with Berean Bible Church and a group experienced in working here. Tap into our resources and see what you can do.

* Mission trips don't have to be about immunizations, passports, and near-death experiences.

* We need to keep praying for this city, for the people who live here, for their government, for the recovery efforts. Even if your own home is saved, the businesses and homes around you are deeply effected.

* The people here want the rest of the country to know that they still need a lot of help. Here's part of a note I got from a resident here in New Orleans "PLEASE let everyone know the condition of the area and that help is needed. Thank you for your visit. The business people are hanging on by their fingernails and every visitor helps. Thanks again."

* Thanks for reading this blog. It was nice to know that you all were out there supporting us and praying with us through our work.

**********************

From a sign posted at the door of the church:

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE MISSION FIELD!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friends, Michelle and I have thoroughly enjoyed your New Orleans trip blog with the daily journey and thoughts regarding this trip. It certainly brings a heightened awareness and commitment to pray for these people and their beloved city. It was fun to see pictures and share in this way. God bless you all; thank you for representing Calvary Church in this ministry - 'service with fun'! I like that. Love, Karen

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home